Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Favorite European Museum!


During my semester abroad I was given an opportunity to experience firsthand some of the most well known pieces of art in existence. From the Louvre in Paris to the Gaudi Gardens of Barcelona, art permeates through every seam of European culture. The great amount of history that lies within the museums of European nations cannot be measured with words.
My favorite museum in Europe was the Musée d'Orsay. The Musée d’Orsay is located in Paris, France on the left bank of the Seine River. Musée is well known for originally being a train station, constructed fro the 1900 World Exhibition. The station served as a rail hub to southwest France until 1939. Fortunately enough I was able to go to the museum with the St. John’s Art and Architecture teacher in Paris, who was able to inform me of the various unique qualities muse d’Orsay possesses.
Musée d’Orsay plays host to the works of many famous artists, but my favorite were those of Monet and Vincent Van Gogh. One of Van Gogh’s more famous works, Self Portrait, resides
I would recommend doing a great number of things in Europe if you’re a fan of impressionist and post-impressionist art. My favorite compilation of history through expression remains at Musée d’Orsay and if you get a chance, I look forward to hearing your opinions on the works there! 




No comments:

Post a Comment